Middle School Due Dates
- March 16, 2018: Registration for Virtual Competition Submit
- April 9, 2018: Team Competition Summaries (Will be emailed to you to complete)
- April 11, 2018: Game Design Submit
- April 11, 2018: Cyber Defense Submit
- April 11, 2018: RoboticsSubmit
- April 11, 2018: Microsoft PowerPoint Community Service Submit
- May 4, 2018: Winners for each Competition Announced
Requirement for each school
- A team registered by the HyperStream Teacher Champion/Advisor in 5th-8th grade
- Team Competition Summaries
- Community Service
- Best Team Name
- Best Team Logo
- We will be awarding 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for ALL award categories.
- There will be great prizes!!!
- Winning entries will be used for future promotion and training. Your submission gives HyperStream approval for your entries to be used for these purposes.
Middle School Cyber Defense Competition
The Middle School Cyber Defense Competition will be comprised of a quiz, an essay, and a server scenario. All of these components of the competition will be accessable and submitted through a web browser and do not utilize special software.
- Most Security Literate Team
- Best Overall Essay
- Most Creative Essay
- Most Secured Servers
- Most Creative Server Security
- Quiz (20%) – This online quiz will be based on the Computer Security Literacy book and available two weeks before the competition due date. A link will be provided at that time to access the quiz. If your club has not received a copy of the book, please contact Sam Oppel.
- Essay (20%) – Students will submit an essay to the link above of no more than 500 words on this topic:
- How would you effectively teach your peers to be safe and secure online? Submit Essays Here
- Server Scenario (60%) – This server scenario will be announced soon. Until the submission deadline, teams will be given access to the ISU ISERINK to configure and secure the servers according to the scenario. If you have not received your login to ISERINK, please contact Sam Oppel.
- Participants must compete as a team.
- Team sizes are limited to 3-4 students each.
- The Team Submission Summary Form must accompany your entry.
Click here for more information to help you with this competition.
Be sure to submit your Team Competition Summaries.